Technical Support Engineer
Are you a natural problem solver? Do you have an interest in different technologies and IT? Do you think you can deliver exceptional customer service? Tek Experts provides business and IT outsourcing services, and we take intense pride in helping companies handle their business operations. Due to expansion we are looking to add to our team of software support engineers.
As a customer facing support engineer your role will be to provide phone and email based technical support to corporate customers while ensuring ticket resolution and customer satisfaction. Supported by our quality assurance team, subject matter experts and training and development department, you will have a comprehensive induction and training program to ensure you deliver exceptional customer service.
What we’re looking for
You don’t need to be technical to be successful in this role, but our most successful engineers are dynamic, passionate and proven people who want to make a positive difference with the people they work with and customers we support. You will have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment where everyone is empowered and committed to delivering the best in industry customer experience. Fluency in English (written and spoken) is a given, as is a ‘can do’ attitude and a thirst to learn and develop professional and soft skills.
- Acting as the first contact point for customers, helping them to solve technical issues with different software solutions.
- Managing the expectations of customers as you working closely with client IT system administrators and and IT deployment engineers in keeping communication open until resolution has been reached.
- Identifying and escalating situations requiring urgent attention, understanding business impact and priorities
- Fluency in English- both written and spoken
- University/College degree in IT
- Interest in Computing devices (Smart Phones, Tablets, Laptops, PCs, etc.)
- Some knowledge of various hardware, software and Microsoft® operating systems.
- Awareness of Databases, Diverse Operating Systems, Programming, Networking, etc
- Troubleshooting skills
- Capable of being self-managed
- Bachelor Degree in IT, Business Administration or Technology or equivalent technical certifications
- Strong knowledge of programming languages, networking, databases or UI’s is required
Why Tek Experts?
We at Tek Experts, believe in our team and we want you to be part of us. That means we provide ongoing support for your development and give you exposure to the newest technologies and working environments. We’re a modern, challenging and fast growing, business because of the success of our people. They are smart, curious, client-oriented and results-driven.
My Career. My Future. My Tek Experts.
Tek Experts is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.