The Senior Software Tester will work within a highly collaborative environment where developers, testers and the business work together as a team to deliver the best possible software using Agile methodology. This candidate must ensure delivery of systems meet performance, operational readiness and other non-functional requirements.
- Work closely with business and development team to make clear requirement and estimation;
- Exercise good judgment in weighing the forces involved in determining software readiness;
- The type of testing being done is primarily functional, regression, integration, performance and boundary testing on the applications involved;
- Interact with State’s functional leads to get more clarification on the requirements and scenarios;
- Guide team of junior testers and work alongside other senior testers and help to remove impediments along their way.
- Contribute ideas to improve processes as well as the product base;
- Execute test cases (both manual and automated) and analyze results;
- Evaluate product code according to specifications;
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects;
- Report bugs and errors to the development teams;
- Troubleshoot production issues by reproducing it in the test environment(s) and verifying the same;
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- At least 6 years of experience as a Software Tester;
- Excellent technical skills, with experience in Web testing preferred;
- Understanding of all phases of a test cycle, including but not limited to functional, regression, integration, performance, acceptance, load, black box, white box, and automation testing;
- Experience with APIs and Web Services in a testing context;
- Excellent communication and documentation skills;
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and Agile methodology;
- Good English language skills (both spoken and written).
Nice to have:
- Experience with Selenium automation (using Java development language);
- Experience with performance testing (JMeter, LoadRunner);
- Experience with security testing.
Why Tek Experts?
We at Tek Experts, believe in our team and we want you to be part of us. That means we provide ongoing support for your development and give you exposure to the newest technologies and working environments. We’re a modern, challenging and fast growing, business because of the success of our people. They are smart, curious, client-oriented and results-driven.
My Career. My Future. My Tek Experts.
Tek Experts is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Start fulfilling your dreams
If you think you have what it takes to make a difference and want to work for a company that can offer you unlimited potential then apply for this position now and tell us more about what you can bring to our business. You can also check out our other jobs.