Database Administrator (DBA)
The prospective employee is responsible for providing operational and engineering database support includes resolving SQL Server database-related incidents and administering our Development, Quality Assurance, Staging, Pre-Production and Production platforms.
Alongside this the candidate will create and maintain service-related reports (such as database backups, maintenance, monitoring, and ETL status) and respond to database-related alerts and escalations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Administer and maintain our company database environments and provide day-to-day operational support;
- Perform reviews on the design and code frequently to ensure the site standards are being adhered to;
- Plan with the developers and system administrators to ensure that new product usage or release upgrades take place with minimal impact;
- Upgrade and apply service packs/critical fixes in all our database environments;
- Create new database logins and users as required - manage sharing of resources among applications;
- Control migrations of database changes through the development life cycle
- Minimum 6 years’ experience with database administration using Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving problems (performance issues, database integrity issues, blocking and deadlocking issues);
- In depth understanding of Dimensional Modeling and Data Warehouse design;
- Experience in MS SQL Business Intelligence Stack (SSIS, SSAS and SSRS);
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts;
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics;
Why Tek Experts?
We at Tek Experts, believe in our team and we want you to be part of us. That means we provide ongoing support for your development and give you exposure to the newest technologies and working environments. We’re a modern, challenging and fast growing, business because of the success of our people. They are smart, curious, client-oriented and results-driven.
My Career. My Future. My Tek Experts.
Tek Experts is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Start fulfilling your dreams
If you think you have what it takes to make a difference and want to work for a company that can offer you unlimited potential then apply for this position now and tell us more about what you can bring to our business. You can also check out our other jobs.