Senior Technical Support Engineer
Are you looking for the best place to elevate your technical career? Do you want to gain global experience and get extensive training on high-end software products and solutions? Due to expansion, Tek-Experts is adding to our team of Technical Support Engineers.
As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you provide Enterprise-level software support - managing support tickets, researching resolutions and sharing findings. You will be analytical and have an interest in troubleshooting and problem research, collaborating with other engineers, as necessary.
What we’re looking for
Dynamic, passionate and proven people who want to make a positive difference with the people they work with and customers we support. You will have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment where everyone is empowered and committed to delivering the best in industry customer experience. Fluency in English (written and spoken) is a given, as is a ‘can do’ attitude and a thirst to learn and develop professional and soft skills.
Duties and responsibilities
- Act as the primary technical contact, deliver advanced technical troubleshooting and problem-solving solutions for corporate customers including, issues escalated to the highest level of management
- Collaborate on cross-team and cross-product technical issues by working with colleagues from other teams as needed to resolve customer problems
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and escalation managers when additional support is needed
- Manage critical issues by setting customer expectations, devise and implement action plans and professionally communicate to all parties involved
Skills and Competences
Our ideal candidate will have a desire to learn and expand their technical knowledge. The successful candidate will enjoy and have experience supporting systems and users via phone and email as well as in a deskside support capacity.
Candidates should have hands-on experience across a broad range of technologies including:
- Familiarity with working from a ticketing system as part of a larger team
- Strong knowledge of delivering support in a Microsoft environment including the troubleshooting and support of Windows Server and the Microsoft Office 365 suite
- Proven troubleshooting methodology and a desire to solve challenges
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange Server and Systems Administration
- Windows operating systems, local and wide-area networking, Microsoft Office 365, Active Directory, administration experience in any or all of Exchange/Outlook, SharePoint and Skype for Business is preferred.
- Superior researching, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Adaptability to work independently and part of a team bringing in experts when needed
- Excellent customer service or support experience required
- Candidates with Computer, Science, Engineering backgrounds preferred
- Microsoft certifications in the areas of support MCSA, MCSE, Office 365
Qualified candidates will have 2+ years of recent IT experience (end-user support and help desk experience) in any technology. We hire resourceful team members with exceptional problem-solving skills. This position requires someone who has a strong desire to learn while being self-motivated to deliver exemplary service and find their own solutions to the problems we need to solve for our customers.
Why Tek Experts?
We at Tek Experts, believe in our team and we want you to be part of us. That means we provide ongoing support for your development and give you exposure to the newest technologies and working environments. We’re a modern, challenging and fast growing, business because of the success of our people. They are smart, curious, client-oriented and results-driven.
My Career. My Future. My Tek Experts.
Tek Experts is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.