Product Marketing Manager
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager with experience in taking software products to market!
This role is not about doing demos or presenting product features (although these may sometimes occur). Rather, this role is the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing and to achieve results. You will be the product evangelist and will play an integral role in organizing product launches.
You know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful.
You will collaborate with our marketing team to develop innovative programs that drive demand. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our customers’ problems.
In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with product managers and sales channels; it’s a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
What we’re looking for
Dynamic, passionate and proven people who want to make a positive difference with the people they work with and customers we support. You will have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment where everyone is empowered and committed to delivering the best in industry customer experience. Fluency in English (written and spoken) is a given, as is a ‘can do’ attitude and a thirst to learn and develop professional and soft skills.
Duties and responsibilities
• Understand the product life cycle and ensure that product marketing initiatives are introduced at the right time during the life cycle for maximum impact
• Develop a marketing plan for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
• Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
• Understand the competitive landscape and be an expert on competitive products through thorough research of the market, compiling competitor reviews and providing input to Product Management and Sales around product positioning
• Collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target market personas.
o Write documentation to correctly transfer where the product sits with relation to competitors.
o Develop core messaging to be used by Marketing for publishing, websites and other marketing material and to Sales for unified customer engagement.
• Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our customers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
• Extensive marketing experience with a strong background in product marketing
• Previous experience in an HR Software, Learning and Development or Customer Relationship Management environment being intricately involved with product marketing initiatives
• Power user of networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
• Exceptional ROI - tracking skills, able to prove what is -or isn’t—working
• Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups
• Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!
Why Tek Experts?
We at Tek Experts, believe in our team and we want you to be part of us. That means we provide ongoing support for your development and give you exposure to the newest technologies and working environments. We’re a modern, challenging and fast growing, business because of the success of our people. They are smart, curious, client-oriented and results-driven.
My Career. My Future. My Tek Experts.
Tek Experts is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Start fulfilling your dreams
If you think you have what it takes to make a difference and want to work for a company that can offer you unlimited potential then apply for this position now and tell us more about what you can bring to our business. You can also check out our other jobs.