The plumbing & piping technician will be responsible, under the direction of the head of engineering, for leading installation and maintenance of all plumbing & piping systems and accessories at Everty One Tower.
Equipment to maintain
Boreholes, Water Treatment Plant, Sewage Treatment Plant, water tanks, pumps, sanitary fittings, grease traps, piping systems (sprinklers, wet risers), piping of fire suppression system (FM 200), and fire extinguishers.
- Inspect plumbing and piping systems to assess their quality and condition.
- Install and replace drainpipes and water supply lines.
- Maintain tools and equipment to keep them in excellent working condition. Follow relevant codes, regulations and safety techniques.
- Respond to any emergency on-call work hours during the evening, weekends and some holidays.
- Advise the head of engineering on the need for repairs, replacements and upgrades of plumbing equipment.
- Perform plumbing repairs on plumbing equipment and accessories: valves, pipes, pumps, faucets, sinks, urinals, drain cleaning, toilets, showerheads, sewer line replacements, water line replacements, pipe replacements, and various leaks.
- Clean grease traps.
- Advise the head of engineering on critical consumables like treatment chemicals. Track re-order level and ensure provision of adequate stock.
- Carry out weekly inspection of the fire extinguishers for damages, cylinder pressure, functionality of the gauge, nozzles, safety lock and discharge hose. Record and furnish findings.
- Carry out weekly visual cylinder and pressure gauge check on the FM200. Record and furnish findings.
- Carry out weekly functional test on critical fire equipment including fire pumps, FM 200, and fire extinguishers
- Comply with Everty policy for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials. Maintains a clean and safe workspace.
- Perform all work in compliance with applicable codes, standards, safety and environment regulations.
- Meet Everty's attendance requirements
- Meet proper staff uniform appearance and grooming standards.
- Perform other duties as may be requested by the management from time to time.
Cognate experience in the duties and responsibilities stated.