The SQL DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of Database. This is a "hands-on" position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
What we’re looking for
Dynamic, passionate and proven people who want to make a positive difference with the people they work with and customers we support. You will have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment where everyone is empowered and committed to delivering the best in industry customer experience. Fluency in English (written and spoken) is a given, as is a ‘can do’ attitude and a thirst to learn and develop professional and soft skills.
Duties and responsibilities
• Develop high performance and optimized relational databases.
• Collaborate with development team on the design and implementation of database, services, data stores, stored procedures, and replication.
• Manage the design and implementation of security and data access methods to ensure services are properly controlled, monitored and audited.
• Develop and implement maintenance and administration procedures for database systems including the usage of metrics to ensure optimal performance.
• Proactively monitor database system status to determine early warning signs of issues.
• Establish summarized and scalable data schema to deliver high performance historical reporting and near-real-time data feeds.
• Author, document and maintain scripts to perform various aspects of data management and system administration.
• Create, document and maintain data schema and data dictionaries.
• Ensure that backups are performed regularly on all databases.
• Restoration of database in case of an issue.
• Evaluate new technologies, frameworks, and methodologies to scale our data infrastructure for future customer growth and new products.
• Investigate performance anomalies and perform root cause analysis for database and interface.
• Implement multiple methods of data movement between systems. These may include SSIS, import/export or other types of ETL techniques or tools.
• Work and Support with BI Solution Architect and BI Analysts to implement and design their requirements
• Bachelor level or better degree in computer science and/or statistical analysis preferred
• Fluent in written and verbal English
• 5 plus years of SQL Server DBA experience
• Strong Experience with SQL Server Clustering, Mirroring, Log Shipping
• Experience with SQL coding and tuning
• Must be hands-on, technically adept DBA, capable of performing required DB tasks.
• Deep knowledge with SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016 databases
• Strong troubleshooting/performance tuning skills required. Must be able improve SQL performance.
• Ability to diagnose problems and triage/resolve issues across various tiers (application, network, database, server, or storage tiers).
• Ability to implement automation to reduce manual administrative tasks through use of jobs, shell scripts, PL/SQL, cron, or other techniques.
• Expert level of SQL Server installation/configuration, patching, troubleshooting, performance tracking/tuning, back-up/recovery, remote monitoring skills with hands-on experience in -large and very dynamic environments.
• Experience with very complex database environments.
• Experience in SQL/TSQL and/or PL/SQL.
• Deep knowledge in MS SQL - Analytics Services/Cubes/
• Deep knowledge in MS SQL Automations - ETLs/Visual Studio Automations.
• Experience in working controlled environment, change control, and validated systems.
• Very strong internal customer service orientation
• Good knowledge in Business Analytics tools:
• MS Office - Deep knowledge in Excel and VB Scripts/Macros and PowerQuery
Why Tek Experts?
We at Tek Experts, believe in our team and we want you to be part of us. That means we provide ongoing support for your development and give you exposure to the newest technologies and working environments. We’re a modern, challenging and fast growing, business because of the success of our people. They are smart, curious, client-oriented and results-driven.
My Career. My Future. My Tek Experts.
Tek Experts is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Start fulfilling your dreams
If you think you have what it takes to make a difference and want to work for a company that can offer you unlimited potential then apply for this position now and tell us more about what you can bring to our business. You can also check out our other jobs.