Technical Support Engineer
Do you love delivering technical support? Do you want to be responsible for delivering extraordinary customer support across a range of technologies? Are you looking for a rapidly growing company to take your career to the next level? The Technical Support Engineer will provide direct service and support to the Micro Focus customer base on award winning enterprise software and hardware solutions.
What we’re looking for
Dynamic, passionate and proven people who want to make a positive difference with the people they work with and customers we support. You will have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment where everyone is empowered and committed to delivering the best in industry customer experience. Fluency in English (written and spoken) is a given, as is a ‘can do’ attitude and a thirst to learn and develop professional and soft skills.
Duties and responsibilities
- Analyze, diagnose, and resolve complex product issues related to Micro Focus products in multi-tiered application environments
- Troubleshoots and assists customers on product issues via telephone, WebEx, and email
- Keep detailed log of all the customer interactions in case management tools
- Develop, document, and publish best practice methods, technical white papers, knowledgebase articles and solutions
- Collaborate closely with team members from support, engineering and product management to resolve customer issues, advocate product enhancements, bug fixes, provide feedback on important features, product gaps and supportability matters
- Develops and deliver internal technical training presentations
- Serves as subject matter expert for technical publications and user-community website
- Participate in On-call support on a rotational basis
- Experience in supporting Enterprise Software products
- Sound knowledge of Linux or UNIX variants and Windows Servers (2008 & 2012)
- Database experience (MSSQL, Oracle, SQL)
- Experienced in troubleshooting network related issues
- Knowledge of web servers (Apache, IIS) and application servers (Tomcat/Jboss)
- Self-motivated and passionate about delivering a proactive, responsive and credible service to customers
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information effectively
- Capable of working under pressure and multitasking in fast paced environment where priorities can shift quickly
- Willing to take ownership of customer issue to find the root cause and provide solutions
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with a demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive relationships and team objectives
- Be able to think out of the box
- Fluency in English is a must
- Good knowledge and understanding of any search technology
Why Tek Experts?
We only exist to help IT companies make a difference in the world. We make sure nothing gets in the way of them doing great things. Clients stay with us because we’re a disruptive-thinking, dynamic and fast-growing business and because of the success of our people. We believe in the power of people and the quality of our teams. They’re smart, curious, client-oriented and results-driven. If this sounds like you and you want to be part of our journey, apply now.
My Career. My Future. My Tek Experts.
Tek Experts is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.