BI Solution Architect
The Business Intelligence Architect will be responsible for analyzing and articulating complex system requirements and the subsequent development of reporting, analytical, and dashboard solutions for the Business intelligence (BI) platform spanning business domains across the company. They will contribute to project management activities, such as scoping, estimating, and planning, to ensure critical milestones are met with high quality deliverables. The individual will perform design, development, testing, validation, performance tuning and quality assurance activities for the individual business intelligence projects. They will manage interactions with all business groups across the company related to the Business Intelligence initiatives, including business need assessment, prioritization of activities, and change management. The individual will serve in an on-call capacity to handle trouble shooting and other issues that arise when required.
What we’re looking for
Dynamic, passionate and proven people who want to make a positive difference with the people they work with and customers we support. You will have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment where everyone is empowered and committed to delivering the best in industry customer experience. Fluency in English (written and spoken) is a given, as is a ‘can do’ attitude and a thirst to learn and develop professional and soft skills.
Duties and responsibilities
• Evangelize self-service BI and visual discovery, including designing, developing and deploying tools that meet that objective.
• Gather and evaluate end-user and business owner functional requirements
• Evaluate current reporting environments to finalize the data elements required for meeting functional requirements.
• Design and document technical solutions to complex requirements using various BI tools including Microsoft BI, QlikView, PowerQuery and others.
• Design and develop sematic layers that enable end-user self-service ad hoc analysis as Microsoft Multidimensional OLAP Models.
• Review, enhance, design and develop ETL processes using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
• Test business rules against the data to make sure the data is right using SQL queries. Very strong SQL skills need to be demonstrated.
• Thorough knowledge of performance tuning at various levels (Database, reports)
• Ability to resolve issues in Production and work with end users to answer any queries they have on the day to day reporting needs
• Provide assistance to BI Architecture team members with issues needing technical expertise or complex systems and/or programming knowledge.
• Provide on-the-job training for new or less experienced team members
• Provide technical training to external team members to foster stronger cross-departmental relations.
• Deliver project related documentation during the different phases of the project per requirements
• Lead the solution design throughout the project lifecycle and be accountable for solution integrity.
• Align technical solutions to the strategic plan, weigh short- and long-term needs,
• Adhere and contribute to development methodologies, standards, and best practices
• Develop technical architecture designs, which support a robust solution taking into account the user requirements, technical requirements, etc.
• Bachelor level or better degree in computer science and/or statistical analysis preferred
• Fluent in written and verbal English
• MS SQL certification is a must, PowerBi or other BI tool certification is desired.
• 5+ years’ experience in Data Analytics
• Expertise in organizing and querying complex data models
• Experience with multiple BI platforms (Power BI, Tableau, QlikView)
• Advanced business analysis skills and demonstrated experience in the use of data and its transformation into information.
• Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to present and speak publicly to systems users and stakeholders.
• Strong visual design skills used in creating information solutions, easy to understand reports and dashboards
• Ability to work under pressure and to independently handle multiple projects and deadlines
• MS Office - Deep knowledge in Excel and VB Scripts/Macros and Power Query
• Deep knowledge in MS SQL - Analytics Services/Cubes/
• Deep knowledge in MS SQL Automations - ETLs/Visual Studio Automations.
Why Tek Experts?
We at Tek Experts, believe in our team and we want you to be part of us. That means we provide ongoing support for your development and give you exposure to the newest technologies and working environments. We’re a modern, challenging and fast growing, business because of the success of our people. They are smart, curious, client-oriented and results-driven.
My Career. My Future. My Tek Experts.
Tek Experts is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Start fulfilling your dreams
If you think you have what it takes to make a difference and want to work for a company that can offer you unlimited potential then apply for this position now and tell us more about what you can bring to our business. You can also check out our other jobs.