- Costa Rica
- United States
Software Support Engineer
Malta / Customer Support
The Technical Support Engineer Level 1 is the first technical contact point for customers. Is responsible for resolving tickets which are assigned to him/her. Is expected to provide customer service and technical support based on quality metrics provided.
Duties and responsibilities
- Take, own and close the support tickets assigned
- Ensure good ticket documentation at all times
- Follow best practice ticket management processes, i.e. ensuring tickets owned are handled and updated timely and every effort is made to make service levels
- Fully document every ticket, including all resolution steps
- Present a positive, effective and flexible contribution to achieving team targets and objectives
- Comply with/complete desk specific or ad hoc tasks
- Meet all personal targets
- Send all reports asked by the leader when requested
- Any additional task requested by the Leader/ Manager
Skills and competencies
- Customer orientated, motivated to take charge of both customer engagement and problem resolution.
- High customer service, telephone, oral and written skills.
- Good written and oral knowledge of English and/or another language, depending on the profile
- Good knowledge of various hardware, software, and Microsoft® operating systems.
- Troubleshooting skills
- Capable of being self-managed
- Problem-solving skills and technical trouble shooting experience
- Demonstrated excellence in teamwork, collaboration, and knowledge sharing
Education and Experience
- PC experience – comfortable working with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite
- Technical proficiency in one or more of the following: Linux Servers, Networking, Databases, Script languages, Windows Servers, Virtualization
- Previous customer service experience is desirable
- Language skills will be considered an asset
Start fulfilling your dreams