- Costa Rica
- United States
Software Support Engineer Level 2 – English Speaking
The Software Support Engineer Level 2 is a more experienced engineer, which provides support to Level 1 Engineers when elevations are created and further technical and experienced assistance is required. It is expected from the Level 2 engineers to provide a higher level of satisfaction and more expedite results. Working as a team is a must.
Duties and responsibilities
- Be available for work at the scheduled shift start time until the completion of it.
- Ensure good ticket documentation at all times
- Operate under close supervision
- Follow best practice ticket management processes, i.e. ensuring tickets owned are handled and updated timely and every effort is made to make service levels
- Fully document every ticket, including all resolution steps
- Present a positive, effective and flexible contribution to achieving team targets and objectives
- Comply with/complete desk specific or ad hoc tasks
- Meet all personal targets set within the company
- Send all reports asked by the leader when requested
- Adhere to all Policies & Procedures
- Protect confidential and sensitive information and materials
- Collaborate with other team members to provide high-quality support
- Ensure constant self-development (even more than any Level 1 consultant) using day to day work, web based training, and any other available tool
- Take Technical Elevations coming from L1
- Be the bridge of contact between L1 and L3 when needed.
- Being able to attend some of the most important customers when requested.
- Mentor L1 engineers if needed or requested by the Manager.
Skills and competencies
- Customer orientated, motivated to take charge of both customer engagement and problem resolution.
- High customer service, telephone, oral and written skills.
- High written and oral knowledge of English and/or another language (if required)
- Proficient knowledge of various hardware, software and Microsoft® operating systems.
- High Technical Skills/Knowledge (Databases, Diverse Operating Systems, Programming, Networking, etc)
- Troubleshooting skills
- Capable of being self-managed
- Team player
Experience and Education
- Bachelor Degree (License Degree preferred) in System Engineer or equivalent technical certifications
- Strong knowledge of programming languages, networking, databases or UI’s is required
- +2 years of experience in handling Software Customer support
- Experience in Customer Service is a must
- Proven teamwork ability experience on same or similar position is preferred