- Costa Rica
- United States
Site Training Manager
Costa Rica / Human Resources
The Site Trainer Manager is responsible for translating site management strategic business goals into human performance requirements and designing and delivering learning solutions that meet those requirements. Being an integral part of the Global HR team this role has critical importance for the implementation of all corporate level training and development programs at Site level. This individual is responsible for conducting meetings with business stakeholders to structure and oversee data collection, analyzing the data to create preliminary models and recommendations, and presenting learning solutions to executive level stakeholders.
The Site Training Manager must demonstrate the ability to adapt to changing situations and competing requests, while maintaining a focus on service as a business partner. The Site Training Manager is also responsible for understanding the site business environment and needs to ensure efficient implementation of training programs that develop Tek Expert operations, management and support personnel.
Duties and responsibilities
- Plans the implementation and facilitation of site training activities and events required to meet business needs within authorized budgets
- Ensures internal and external training program development and delivery meets company objectives and standards
- Consults with site management to identify and analyze needs, and to propose training solutions, options, and also alternatives to training
- Works with business stakeholders and other Site Training Managers to ensure training consistency and alignment with other sites
- Coordinates vendor selection and scheduling of training within assigned site(s)
- Provides logistical support for course development, delivery, evaluation, process measurements, and cost management
- Supervises and provides guidance, direction, and training to assigned training staff – instructional designers and classroom/virtual trainers
- Evaluates instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement
- Oversees site level train-the-trainer and mentor training program tracking, evaluation and reporting
- Assists the Global Education and Learning Officer/Training Manager in developing annual budgets and plans.
- Creates thought leadership in learning and development by researching and socializing leading edge learning solutions and market trends
- Prepares special reports, or projects as assigned, and provides presentations to keep leadership abreast of training issues and concerns.
- Conducts reviews on projects, courses, and classes, and provides feedback
- Develops and delivers soft skills, technical skills, safety and security, tools, policy and procedure, onboarding, refresher and other training on an as-needed basis.
Skills and competencies
- Adult learning (andragogy)
- Planning and organizing
- Communication skills across multiple organizational levels
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Data gathering and analysis
- Presentation skills
- Facilitation skills
- Coaching skills
- Team player
- Capable of managing own time and workload and that of assigned staff
- Flexible and proactive
- Customer orientated
- Excellent written and oral English language
- Proficient with learning and development systems – learning management systems, content management systems, and human resource management systems
Education and Experience
- At least three years’ experience managing training operations/activities within a multi-disciplined facility/site environment for an IT-related company
- Knowledge of adult instructional and learning theories and principles
- Experience managing small teams of instructional designers/trainers is a plus
- Experience in a Call Center or technical support environment is a plus.
Start fulfilling your dreams