Senior IT Security Engineer
The Senior IT Security Engineer will install, manage and maintain firewalls, intrusion prevention or detection systems, log management and antivirus servers, as well as network systems to ensure the stable operations of TEK’s IT security infrastructure.
The successful candidate will also research, recommend and build reliable and appropriate improvement to the security infrastructure and ensure the integrity and stability of data as well as the VPN connection of internal network and partner’s access.
What we’re looking for
Dynamic, passionate and proven people who want to make a positive difference with the people they work with and customers we support. You will have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment where everyone is empowered and committed to delivering the best in industry customer experience. Fluency in English (written and spoken) is a given, as is a ‘can do’ attitude and a thirst to learn and develop professional and soft skills.
Duties and responsibilities
- Research, recommend and build reliable and appropriate security infrastructure for the IT department
- Utilize security products and components to balance effectiveness, vendor lock-ins and costs
- Analysis, design, administration, and monitoring of security controls for network, applications, and data in accordance with organization security, privacy, and compliance policies
- Coordinate and supervise IT Security Engineers at other sites to resolve problems and faults
- Administer security products and devices while keeping supported security infrastructure in great working and functional condition
- Actively participate in security vulnerability assessment and incident response procedures
- Protect customer data and cover network security risks for the infrastructure environment
- Follow change control management while implementing system changes, upgrades, and updates
- Ensure all IT Global policies/standards and procedures are in place
- Conduct and provide Weekly and Monthly Security checklists and reports
- Produce quality documentation to reflect changes and new implementations
- Maintain safety standards in the working environment that comply with TEK and partner’s HSSE standard
- Ensure that all servers and workstations are protected by the latest security measures
- Capacity planning for system upgrade
- Fully understand Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) for business continuity. Make sure the compliant with TEK’s global DRP. Join the project team for DR Exercise
- Technical Representative at his/ her site for solving Crisis problems
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge and experience with network security solutions (VPN, NGFW, DMZ, IPS, URL/Content filtering, Thread Defense/AMP):
- NG Firewalls - Cisco, FortiGate, Palo Alto Networks
- Firewalls - NAT/Access Control Policy rules – vendor independent
- Switches/Routers/Firewalls – Access Control Lists, SSL and IPSec VPN technologies
- Knowledge and/or experience of AV, Logging and Monitoring solutions:
- McAfee ePO/VirusScan/Endpoint Security Platform Management
- SIEM solutions – logging/reporting
- Knowledge of security hardening techniques and methodologies applicable to any vendor platform and operating system
- Knowledge of security vulnerability assessment and penetration testing technologies – Nessus Tenable/Kali Linux
- Virtualization – general knowledge/concept, basic experience in provisioning/administration with VMware ESX
- Linux OS: Ubuntu/Debian and RedHat/CentOS management and configuration
- Strong network skills - knowledge of network devices, LAN/WAN concepts, data transmission, OSI model, routing and switching protocol stack
- General overview knowledge of Active Directory – GPO objects, User/Group/Password management
- Microsoft Office 365 Security applications – Exchange, Azure, Threat Analytics, WAF (or alternatives from other vendors)
- Experience in cyber threat prevention from intrusions, viruses, malware and phishing
- Experience in IT Service Management for Incident, Change and Configuration Management and supervising security incidents/changes/configurations
- Knowledge and experience in cloud-based infrastructure
- Ability to learn, test and evaluate new security technologies, systems and services
- Excellent Crisis Management / Troubleshooting / Analysing / Investigation skills
Why Tek Experts?
We at Tek Experts, believe in our team and we want you to be part of us. That means we provide ongoing support for your development and give you exposure to the newest technologies and working environments. We’re a modern, challenging and fast growing, business because of the success of our people. They are smart, curious, client-oriented and results-driven.
My Career. My Future. My Tek Experts.
Tek Experts is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Start fulfilling your dreams
If you think you have what it takes to make a difference and want to work for a company that can offer you unlimited potential then apply for this position now and tell us more about what you can bring to our business. You can also check out our other jobs.