IT System Administrator
The IT System Administrator’s role is to install, manage and maintain computers, servers, telephony and network systems to ensure the stable operations of TEK’s IT assets. The individual will also ensure the integrity and stability of Voice, Data as well as the VPN connection of internal network and partner’s access. This person shall analyze and resolve hardware and software problems as well as troubleshooting network performance issue. Maintain high level of information security is one of the compulsory roles that this person to ensure it aligns with global corporation strategy.
What we’re looking for
Dynamic, passionate and proven people who want to make a positive difference with the people they work with and customers we support. You will have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment where everyone is empowered and committed to delivering the best in industry customer experience. Fluency in English (written and spoken) is a given, as is a ‘can do’ attitude and a thirst to learn and develop professional and soft skills.
Duties and responsibilities
Monitor, Maintain, and Manage all servers, IPBX and network devices at a site to keep them running properly
Coordinate with other System Admin at other sites to resolve problems and faults
Monitor and Utilize Internet Links and SIP providers
Follow Change control management while implementing system changes, upgrades, and updates
Responsible in creating and deleting telephone agents and ACD groups
Manage LAB and testing environments
Provide Technical support for other teams
Responsible in managing Backup/Restore file sharing, SharePoint and database systems
Ensure all IT Global policies/standards and procedures are in place and document new standards/procedures which are particularly applied to his/ her site
Conduct Daily/ Weekly and Monthly System Health checklist
Health Safety Security Environment:
Maintain safety standards in the working environment that comply with TEK and partner’s HSSE standard
Ensure that all servers are protected by the latest anti-virus software
Ensure readiness of response to virus AND/ OR internet attacks
Make sure all Security ERs/patches/hotfixes to all servers
Technical Representative at his/ her site for solving Crisis problems
Skills and competencies
- General knowledge of server and client systems hardware.
- Virtualization – general knowledge/concept, basic experience in provisioning/administration with any vendor hypervisor (VMware ESX, Microsoft HyperV, Citrix Xen…)
- Server OS: Windows 2008 (R2), 2012 (R2)
- Client OS: Windows 7,8.x,10
- Networking: general knowledge of devices, LAN/WAN concepts, data transmission, routing, protocol stack, DNS, DHCP, load balancing, firewalls
- Active Directory – concept, topology, general admin tasks
- PowerShell – administration, scripting
- O365 / Messaging applications – Exchange, Lync, Sharepoint (or alternatives from other vendors)
- Mobile Device Management
- Additional knowledge in cloud technologies, backup software
- Strong technical skills with IPBX (VoIP), Server technology, Virtualization
- Strong in IT Service Management for Incident, Change and Configuration Management
- Good in Crisis Management
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills
- Process-oriented person
Why Tek Experts?
We at Tek Experts, believe in our team and we want you to be part of us. That means we provide ongoing support for your development and give you exposure to the newest technologies and working environments. We’re a modern, challenging and fast growing, business because of the success of our people. They are smart, curious, client-oriented and results-driven.
My Career. My Future. My Tek Experts.
Tek Experts is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Start fulfilling your dreams
If you think you have what it takes to make a difference and want to work for a company that can offer you unlimited potential then apply for this position now and tell us more about what you can bring to our business. You can also check out our other jobs.