Cyber and Information Security Analyst
The Information Security Analyst will be responsible for working with the Chief Information Security Officer in the design, implementation, management and monitoring of the Information Security Strategy and Information Security Management System (ISMS) of the company across all Tek Experts locations in Bulgaria, Malta, Costa Rica, USA, Nigeria, Vietnam, and China.
This includes the design, development and implementation of global information and cyber security controls, investigation and incident response responsibilities, risk assessment, compliance and enforcement, auditing and contribution to business continuity and disaster recovery planning.
What we’re looking for
Dynamic, passionate and proven people who want to make a positive difference with the people they work with and customers we support. You will have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment where everyone is empowered and committed to delivering the best in industry customer experience. Fluency in English (written and spoken) is a given, as is a ‘can do’ attitude and a thirst to learn and develop professional and soft skills.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist in the design and implementation of the information security strategy of the company to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of critical information assets.
- Manage and perform information security incidents investigation and incident response activities.
- Contribute in the design and development of Information Security Architecture and implementation of security solutions.
- Responsible for assessing and managing information risk and facilitates remediation of identified vulnerabilities for the company’s premises, network, systems and applications.
- Monitor, perform and ensure timely delivery of security assessments, including vulnerability assessment and penetration tests, etc.
- Facilitate in the development and performance of an information security awareness program.
- Design, develop and document information security related policies, procedures and standards based on industry’s best practices and participate and ensure their application.
- Participate / Assist in internal and external information security risk assessments and regulatory compliance audits.
- Remain up-to-date on emerging threats and evolve security mechanisms and technologies.
- Design and implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity plans, procedures, audits, and enhancements.
- Address information security questions from internal and external stakeholders.
- Regularly reports to the Chief Information Security Officer on performance, progress, issues and future needs.
Skills and competencies
- University Bachelor’s Degree in related areas, such as Information/Cyber Security, Information Systems, Computer Science or related field required.
- Master Degree will be considered an advantage.
- At least 3 years of Information / Cyber security analyst experience with a proven ability in a number of the following areas:
- Experience in Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems.
- Experience in Systems Log Monitoring and Reviewing or SIEM solutions.
- Vulnerability Scanning / Assessment and Access Control reviews and audits.
- Information Security Controls and Information Systems Auditing.
- Information Security policies and procedures design, development and documentation.
- Windows and Active Directory security.
- Proven experience in secure network & system configurations & hardening based on security standards and Hardening guides (experience with Security benchmarking requirements (CIS)) of operating systems) for systems and applications.
- Experience in security compliance requirements (such as ISO 27001 and PCI).
- Experience in Web Application Security.
- Exposure to Cloud computing and security.
- Knowledge of well-known frameworks, regulations and standards within the information security domain, such as ISO 27001, PCI and NIST.
- A technical certification, such as CISSP, CISM or OSCP will be considered an advantage.
- Good knowledge of technical infrastructure, networks, databases and systems in relation to Information/Cyber Security and Risk.
- Ability to understand the relationship between business processes, priorities, risk and their underlying technologies and security risks.
Personal skills and qualities
- Capacity to work independently and in a team environment in a constantly changing and growing environment.
- Proven excellence in researching, organizing, writing, and presenting technical information.
- Must have excellent analytical skills and investigation capabilities.
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimum supervision.
- Keen interest in continual learning and professional development.
- Very Strong English communication skills both oral and written.
- Need to be responsible, self-motivated, proactive and flexible.
- Achieves agreed objectives and accepts accountability for results.
- Displays the highest level of integrity and maintains discretion.
- Ability to learn and adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
Why Tek Experts?
We at Tek Experts, believe in our team and we want you to be part of us. That means we provide ongoing support for your development and give you exposure to the newest technologies and working environments. We’re a modern, challenging and fast growing, business because of the success of our people. They are smart, curious, client-oriented and results-driven.
My Career. My Future. My Tek Experts.
Tek Experts is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Start fulfilling your dreams
If you think you have what it takes to make a difference and want to work for a company that can offer you unlimited potential then apply for this position now and tell us more about what you can bring to our business. You can also check out our other jobs.